Scientific journeys begin with chemicals and end with life enriching results. We enable scientists to bring chemistry to life. We provide a broad range of chemicals and solutions supporting virtually every laboratory application, from research to drug discovery and development to manufacturing. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
Acting as a subject matter expert, the incumbent will provide collaborative support as well as coordinating projects requiring in-depth understanding of chemical regulations and cross-divisional scope.
This includes conducting hazard assessments, conducting necessary chemical notifications and registrations, and communication regarding differing regulations to applicable teams.
The incumbent will also be responsible for implementing and managing in-house tools and software systems related to chemical regulatory compliance.
The applicant should have a broad understanding of global chemical control regulations such as REACH, TSCA, etc. and familiarity with biocide laws, microplastics, and international conventions. The ideal candidate will be someone who has an in-depth and operational understanding of chemical regulations, has experience working with regulatory agencies and thrives on working with diverse challenges If this is you, Thermo Fisher Scientific would like you to help fulfil its mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Provide technical oversight and direct support for all major filings e.g. REACH registrations
- Serve as expert business liaison across the organisation
- Develop, refine and maintain training on corporate standards for meeting the company’s Chemical Compliance obligations
- Manage and deliver on all key projects supporting key strategic imperatives
- Provide regulatory support to internal and external customers including proactive engagement with the R&D teams to seek innovative solutions to reducing product and or process hazards
- Support Product Lifecycle Management tools and requirements
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, objectives, plans and procedures for chemical compliance programs
- Contribute to calls for information and comments relating to chemical regulations
- Be a proactive and effective communicator
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry, Toxicology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Law or related subject
- Minimum 5 years regulatory experience in product stewardship / regulatory affairs / compliance / chemical consultancy / risk assessment
- Experienced in all aspects of EU REACH compliance including lead and member dossier preparation & upgrade, data access discussions, Only Representative management, third party service provider management, participation in consortia, ECHA activity tracking, compliance strategy development. Proficient user of IUCLID / REACH IT
- Experienced in UK REACH implementation including DUIN submissions and registration strategy development. Experienced user of Comply with UK REACH.
- Has effectively worked within trade associations and/or sectorial advocacy groups
- Experience in multiple aspects of product stewardship, including risk assessment, hazard classification & labelling and other related topics
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to read, interpret and operationalize chemical regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively in person, over the phone, on remote meetings and in writing
- Able to connect with all levels within the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to remain calm, professional and positive
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment with moderated supervision
- Highly motivated, possessing strong organisational skills and able to prioritise multiple activities concurrently
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.